Friday 30 April 2010

Grace Jones Private View



Now there's not many things I could wish for for my birthday, however when someone comes along and says "I'm taking you to an exhibition of work inspired by Grace Jones in a converted underground car park in the middle of Soho" then what's a guy to do. At this point you may well be thinking, well that sounds a little like my kind of thing, but wait," Oh and by the way Grace is coming along for a special performance."

  
Here's the thing. Grace has been a hero of mine since way back when and I know they say you should never meet your heroes but Hey, she stood on my foot once in Heaven so I sort of think we're already close.

  
The exhibition, a series of 3D holographic images by groundbreaking light artist Chris Levine was a beautiful realisation of one of the most inspiring icons of our times, and what's more Miss Jones did actually turn up and wowed the assembled mass with an amazing reading of poetry.


I know, I know. It seems almost rude to mention that, thanks to the glorious Christina Lindsay from Fashions Most Wanted, we were then whisked off to Grace's private after party. It seems Grace may have remembered me because she definitely kept her distance from me for fear of stamping on my other foot, but I'm sure at one point I saw her silently mouth the word 'SORRY' in my direction. Living the dream flickers, living the dream......

Stephen for the flicker club